As you might already know, sweating is a great way to burn calories and get rid of toxins that harm your health. Sauna has been used for hundreds of years for its healing abilities. I have a detox regime that I follow most morning which includes my sauna. I’m writing this while in my sauna.
If you’ve been following me you might know that I am in recovery from CIRS, from long-term toxic mold exposure. I have a faulty set of genes that are supposed to identify the mold and eliminate it from my body. Instead, it just built up in my body until I got very sick. So now it’s up to me to strengthen my body while assisting in the natural detox process. I’m happy to report I’ve found an awesome tool that’s been key to my recovery!
What are the benefits of using an Infrared Sauna?
Infrared saunas help your body release toxins, including heavy metals like mercury and lead, environmental toxins such as mold and mycotoxins. With IR technology, you can also lose weight, relax, relieve unwanted pain, increase your circulation, and purify your skin.
Here are some of my top benefits of using an infrared sauna regularly:
1. Detoxification: Sweating is one of the body’s most natural ways to eliminate toxins.
2. Relaxation: Infrared promotes relaxation by helping to balance the level of cortisol the body’s stress hormone. The heat will also help to relax muscles and relieve tension allowing you to relax/de-stress.
3. Pain Relief: Infrared can relieve aches, joint pain, muscle aches by increasing circulation and relaxing muscles.
4. Weight Loss: The heat generated by an infrared sauna will cause your core temperature to increase, which can also lead to an increased heart rate. The same increase in heart rate that you get when exercising! A 30-min session burns about 600 calories.
5. Improved Circulation: As the heat from saunas increases core body temp, and circulation increases. It stimulates blood flow, improves muscle recovery, and decrease pain/inflammation.
6. Skin Purification: eliminates toxins from pores, increases circulation, clearer, softer, and healthier-looking skin. I recommend dry skin brushing before.
Is infrared sauna better than the regular steam sauna?
Steam room saunas use moisture and heat. infrared saunas are unique and have low humidity and air temperature. While both steam room and infrared saunas provide benefit, the far infrared rays penetrate deep inside the body, promoting better blood flow.
Is a portable infrared sauna better than a wood infrared sauna?
I prefer a portable infrared sauna for a few reasons. I want my head to stick out so I am not forced to breathe in the toxins that are coming out of my skin. I like to move it around to different rooms in my house. Sometimes I like to watch television while I am in the sauna detoxing but sometimes I like to meditate and need to be in a quiet room. The Thera360 comes with a carry case so I can fold it up and travel with it.
How often should you use an infrared sauna?
The optimal amount of sauna sessions depends on your health status and what your what your health goals are. There is no one answer to the number of sessions per week, but infrared saunas are safe to use every day. I use mine almost every day. In fact, you will see wellness improvements sooner if you use it daily. On average, most people use their sauna 3-4 times a week for 30-45 minute sessions. If you have an illness, such as mold toxicity or cancer you should out with short sessions spaced far apart. If you have any questions about how you should use sauna sign up for a free consultation with me. Details at the bottom.
What is the best-infrared sauna to buy?
Thera360, from Therasage, is the Cadillac of all portable Saunas. It’s full spectrum, has an earthing grounding pad, tourmaline gemstones for happy negative ions (same as the beach!) When I took mine out of the box there wasn’t any chemical off-gassing. Off gassing is a huge problem with the cheaper models made out of plastic! The Therasage 360 has heating panels on all four sides so it heats evenly and there’s a controller where you can set your desired temperature and there’s also a timer. If you have any questions or want one of these gems to let me know and I will set you up with a nice a discount. I think everyone could benefit from one of these babies!!!
Schedule a complimentary consultation with me HERE to learn how YOU can benefit from using an infrared sauna. Please put “Free Sauna Consult” in the subject line and I will get in touch with you to schedule your complimentary session. To apply for a consultation contact us at (732) 659-0227 or email me at [email protected]
My friends at Therasage have offered a special discount for you if you’re looking to purchase an infrared heating pad or portable sauna. Just click here to browse infrared products, and enter the code “getwell” at checkout for 5% off.
Or Purchase here for 10% ($80) off!