Why do some 40 year olds look 60? And conversely, why do some 60 year olds look 40? Whether you like it or not, aging is the natural process we all go through. But what if I told you how to turn back the clock? I am going to share with you how to naturally slow aging by improving your lifestyle, following an healthy diet, and taking targeted supplements.
• Exercise: This is a big one! Activity keeps you young by lubricating your joints, supporting detoxification, improving lean muscle mass, and improving your cardiovascular health.
• Sleep: A restful night’s sleep is one of the best things you can do to prevent aging. Aim to get between 7- 9 hours of sleep in a completely dark, cool room. (Grab my Free “How to Get a Good Night’s Sleep Guide” CLICK HERE )
Foods that Cause Faster Aging
• Refined Sugar: The number one food that speeds aging. It causes glycation which damages cells and causes wrinkles.
Artificial sugar and other artificial ingredients: These contain a large number of chemicals which can speed up the aging process.
• Trans fats and hydrogenated oils: These processed fats promote inflammation which leads to premature aging, heart disease, and certain types of cancer.
• Alcohol: Although an occasional glass of red wine is said to be beneficial for health because it has an anti-oxidant known as resveratrol, the overall consumption of alcohol is a bad idea. It’s pro-inflammatory and speeds up the aging process.
• Grains: All grains are pro-inflammatory unless they are sprouted. Grains cause glycation, which speeds up the aging process.
Supplements to Slow Aging Effects
• Omega-3 fats: The omega 3 fatty acids EPA and DHA found in fish oil are powerful anti-inflammatories and may reduce age-related cellular damage. (1000 mg daily)
• Green Powder: Contains foods high in antioxidant compounds like chlorella, spirulina, grass juices, wild berries, and herbs that are known to slow aging. (1 serving per day)
• Resveratrol: Found in the skin of red grapes resveratrol has been shown to reduce cellular damage and slow aging. (250-500 mg daily)
• Adaptogen Herbs: Ashwagandha, Rhodiola, Holy Basil, Ginseng. These herbs lower cortisol levels and reduce the damaging effects stress can have on the body. (500-1000 mg daily)
• Co-enzyme Q10: Acts as a powerful antioxidant by supporting heart function and is also required for the energy production of cells critical for preventing premature aging. (150 mg 2x daily)
Essential Oils to Slow Aging Effects
Frankincense, lavender, myrrh and sandalwood can be used as potent anti-aging remedies. They’re high in antioxidants and contain compounds that naturally balance hormones and reduce cellular damage. Try adding 2 drops of frankincense to your drinking water, once per day to slow the aging process.
If you would like to find out what changes you can make in your life to slow down aging I can help. CLICK HERE to schedule a free 15 minute Get Acquainted Session or jump right in and make an appointment so I can start helping you feel better right away, CLICK HERE to book a consultation.
If you are reading this chances are you are interested in improving your health. Fill out the form on the bottom right side of this page or use this link to stay connected to me. I wouldn’t want you to miss out on any of my health information. I also have a free gift for you. After you subscribe I will send you a link to download my free Sleep Guide