You’ve been to the doctor and he says you’re fine but you don’t feel good. You’ve told him you’re tired all the time, you’re having trouble losing weight, you’re constipated and you can’t remember even the simplest things. The doc said “it’s all in your head”. He showed you the blood tests and pointed to the numbers and said “look they are all in range, you’re OK”.
Approximately 25 million Americans have a thyroid problem, and most of them don’t know it. Most thyroid imbalances are caused by an under-active thyroid gland called Hypothyroidism,
The thyroid is the master gland of metabolism. How well your thyroid is functioning is directly related to every system in your body. If your thyroid is not running optimally, then neither are you.
Most conventional doctors use only one test (TSH) to screen for problems but there are other important tests that are needed to tell the whole story. Another huge problem is they only use the ‘normal’ lab reference range as their guide rather than listening to their patients symptoms.
If you suspect that you might have a thyroid problem these are the tests I suggest you ask for:
- Free T4
- Free T3
- Reverse T3
- Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies (TPOAb)
- Thyroglobulin Antibodies (TgAb)
5 things you can do to improve your thyroid function:
- Make sure you are getting Iodine, Zinc, Selenium, Iron, Vitamin D and B vitamins in your diet.
- Get your adrenal glands tested. They work hand in conjunction with your thyroid. Reducing stress with activities such as yoga, Pilates or even just taking a walk in nature will all help support your adrenals.
- Address any digestion issues you might have. A properly functioning gut is crucial to good health.
- Try a gluten-free diet and I don’t mean buy gluten-free junk food at the grocery store. Choose foods that don’t have gluten in them to begin with.
- Switch to glass. BPA (Bisphenol A) and other endocrine disrupting chemicals are found in plastics (think plastic water bottles) which can negatively affect your thyroid gland.
If you suspect you have a thyroid problem or need help with an existing thyroid condition I can help. I’ve personally had thyroid problems so I know how hard it is to get effective care. CLICK HERE to schedule a free 15 minute Get Acquainted Session to find out how I can help you. Or jump right in and make an appointment so we can start helping you feel better right away, CLICK HERE to book a consultation.
If you are reading this chances are you are interested in improving your health. Fill out the form on the bottom right side of this page or use this link to stay connected to me. I wouldn’t want you to miss out on any of my health information. I also have a free gift for you. After you subscribe I will send you a link to download my free Sleep Guide